Evangelization & Formation
The Baptism Ministry is seeking volunteers to assist the priest, deacon and couples with the Baptism Seminar held once a month. In addition, volunteers will help greet the family the day of the Baptism and assist with any needs of the event. All that is required is a welcoming and helpful heart. Initial training is provided for team members. Contact: Sarah Neau, 225.275.3940
BECOMING COMPLETELY CATHOLIC / BCC
BCC is a sacramental preparation program for adult baptized Christians who have already been “unofficial” members of the Catholic Church for years. They have been part of the community, attending our services with regularity and devotion but who, for a variety of reasons, have not yet made a profession of faith within the Catholic Church. BCC is also for those baptized Catholics who have not yet completed the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Eucharist, Confirmation). Many have thought “it’s too late to do that now,” and that is simply not true! If you are interested in exploring this possibility, contact Sr. Janelle at 275-3940.
PARISH SCHOOL OF RELIGION
Elementary Parish School of Religion has been a constant ministry in the parish since its inception and provides continuous religious education to young children in grades Pre-K to 5th grade. The elementary school children are guided by their catechists and parents on a journey through religious studies and life applications. They learn to grow in their faith through prayer, service, Bible stories, Church teachings, music, crafts and more. Volunteer opportunities include classroom leaders and assistants, as well as administrative help. Any family with children in the parish attending a private or public school is strongly encouraged to enroll them in the Parish School of Religion. Catholic school children are also welcome to participate. Registration for children is available by calling the parish office. Contact: Sarah Neau, 225.275-3940, email@example.com.
This program is for non-Catholic adults and children seeking to learn more about the faith. Unbaptized adults and children are highly encouraged to join, as well as those seeking to make a full profession of faith. Those who feel called to become Catholic are encouraged to attend classes offered on Tuesdays from 6:30pm to 8:00pm. Contact Sarah Neau, 225.275.3940.
- RCIA Adult Catechist: Those wanting to become RCIA catechists should have a background in Catholic doctrine and be interested in sharing their knowledge with those in the process. They also help facilitate Tuesday evening sessions on specifically assigned topics. Catechists are needed for both adults and children attending the classes.
- RCIA Children’s Catechist: Those wanting to become RCIA catechists should have a background in Catholic doctrine and be able to share that knowledge with children between 3rd grade and 12th grade students who are seeking to join the Catholic faith or complete their initiation sacraments. Volunteers would be responsible for leading Tuesday evening sessions with the young people as well as Morning of Reflections prior to each of the major Rites of the process.
- RCIA Sponsor: Becoming a sponsor gives volunteers the opportunity to be a spiritual companion for those participating in the RCIA process. All that is needed is the desire to share your faith with someone seeking to know more about what it means to be Catholic.
The vocations ministry works to promote a better understanding and openness to the priesthood and religious life. They are advocates that support those in our parish and the diocese who are either in the process of discerning their vocation, are in active formation and fulltime priests and religious that daily, in faith, respond to God’s call. The Vocations Ministry supports events such as ordinations, Senior Altar Server appreciation, support for our pastor, Vocations Awareness Week, Come & See Weekends, and much more.
- Youth Confirmation Catechist: Confirmation is offered to all Catholic youth currently 11th grade and older. Preparation includes classes, service, and a retreat. Each is a chance to experience our faith through the awesome power of the Holy Spirit and allow our youth to express their love for Christ by sharing their faith in the parish and the community. Adult volunteers are needed as catechists and/or assistants, to teach the provided Confirmation Prep curriculum. Training provided.
- Junior High and High School Youth Group: St. Thomas More is currently reinvigorating the youth group program - stay tuned!